Banana bread sounds healthy because of the banana in there, but it can be made so it is actually healthy by making a few ingredient swaps. This recipe is gluten free as well as dairy free, since we are using all almond and oat products, as well as coconut oil instead of butter. (It’s healthy but it’s filling and it still tastes extremely delicious don’t worry.)
- 3 bananas that are at a medium amount of ripeness
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil that has been melted
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- First you will start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees, and then either spray your loaf pan with nonstick spray or line it with parchment paper. (Makes removal and cleanup easier.)
- Next take a large bowl and mash up your bananas in it. Then add in all of the ingredients through the almond milk, and whisk it all together until everything is combined. Then you will add in the almond meal, gluten free flour blend, gluten free oats, and stir it all together.
- Then you are ready to bake the banana bread which you will do for about one hour. You will be able to tell that it’s done when it gets firm to the touch and golden brown on top.
- Be sure to let the bread cool completely before before you try to cut it, otherwise it will fall apart and not be so bread-like.
- Then you are ready to eat! If you are planning on only eating some of it and saving the rest you can always store it in the freezer to extend its life.