If you love chicken, you will surely enjoy cooking this stuffed chicken recipe because it is so easy to do and will be finished in less than 45 minutes. But, even if you are a beginner in the kitchen, you can still make this simple recipe for lunch or dinner. It tastes good and at the same time looks good in presentation. It is an Italian dish that can be served with pasta or bread.
- Chicken breast fillet
- Fresh sage
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Follow this step-by-step procedure of stuffed chicken recipe and you will never go wrong with what you will serve for your guests.
1) Wrap the chicken breast fillet in plastic and pound thin for evenly cooked chicken. The ideal thickness of the chicken breast is ¼”. Once you have attained such thickness, you can season it with salt and freshly ground pepper. For those who are very health conscious, you can even use a low sodium salt.
2) Top the chicken breast fillet with fresh sage. The earthy flavor of the sage will add another dimension of taste to the chicken.
3) On top of the sage, the next step in this stuffed chicken recipe is to add the prosciutto. It is the Italian version of bacon, so it is basically dry cured pork. It will add some saltiness and smoky flavor to the dish.
4) Drizzle some olive on a skillet and set it to a medium heat. Once the pan is hot and ready, fold the chicken as if making a pouch and pan fry them. Cook for about four minutes on each side. The chicken will be cooked in a few minutes because they are pounded thinly.
5) Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice, chicken broth, and a good white wine. The rule in using wine in cooking is that if you find the wine to be good, then you can use that. Otherwise, if you find the wine to be bitter or tart in taste, then it will not help make a flavorful dish. Cook the chicken for an additional four minutes.
6) Place the chicken on a plate and drizzle it with some sauce from where you cooked the chicken. The sauce is very flavorful because the chicken breast released some oil while you were frying it and combine that with the chicken broth and white wine. This is the last step in this delicious stuffed chicken recipe.
This dish is very light and can be served with some pasta, like garlic pasta. In garlic pasta, all you have to do is chop some garlic and sauté in olive oil. You have the option to add some sliced mushrooms. Then add in the pasta noodles. You can choose between fettuccine or penne noodles. Season it with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Now you can follow this stuffed chicken recipe. It is very easy. Even if you have limited skills in the kitchen, you can still impress your guests with this delightful Italian dish.