Meatloaf is one of the favorite dishes in America. It is fairly easy to make and the good thing about it is that you can store it in the refrigerator, even up to a month. It is practical for most families because you have a ready food that you can just heat in the microwave. Families have their own versions of meatloaf recipe. Some use ground pork, while some use ground beef. On the other hand, others prefer to use ground turkey. You can try cooking this recipe below because it is packed with so much flavor from the different kinds of cheese.
- Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup white onion, minced
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, and mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- Tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
It is easy to make this meatloaf recipe. Here are the steps:
1) Sauté the garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat until caramelized.
2) In a separate bowl, mix together the parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, slightly beaten egg, mustard to bring the ingredients together. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3) Once everything has been mixed well, add the ground beef and mash well using your hands. Then add the caramelized garlic and onions and continue mashing. Form into balls, like the size of a tennis ball and place on a baking sheet.
4) Bake it in a 425 degrees oven for about fifteen minutes.
5) In the meantime, mix together in a bowl: 2 tablespoons tomato paste, extra virgin olive oil, pepper and a little water. Use this mixture to baste your meatloaf.
6) The next step in this meatloaf recipe is to take out the meatloaf from the oven, and brush them with the basting mixture. Bring back to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
7) The meatloaf is ready to be served. You can serve it with buttered veggies like carrots and broccoli for a healthier meal.
This is a very delicious meatloaf recipe because it has four kinds of cheese in it. The moment you slice the meatloaf, the cheese will ooze out from the meat. Children would surely enjoy this recipe. As in any type of meatloaf, you can store this in the refrigerator for a month and it will still taste as good as the day you made it.
If you wish, you may add some variations, so if you will serve it to your friends, you can add some chopped chilies and add it to the meat mixture. The combination of cheese and the hotness from the chilies is best paired with a bottle of cold beer.
It can be eaten alone or with some fried potatoes for carbohydrates. You can even use ground chicken or turkey if you prefer it less fatty. In cooking, imagination also plays a big role, so do not be afraid to play around this meatloaf recipe by adding some flavors.